It is possible to build your own solar panels for your house.
But how we build this whole system?
To do so, follow the steps given below;
- List and purchase the required materials for a solar power plant from the market.
- Choose a backing board which can be made of non-conductors namely wood or glass or a thick plastic. Now cut the board according to the size you need.
- Make the tabbing wire to connect with the solar panel front and back side. Then solder the tabbing wire to connect it to the solar cell.
- Attach the solar cell to the backboard. Leave the extra tabbing wire which needs to be connected to the cell. Solder the cell together; now connect the tabbing wire to bus wire.
- Now continue to the second row. Connect the second row with the long bus wire where the first row is also connected. In the same way, connect the series of rows with the bus wire.
- Now the panel is needed to cover the solar cell. Measure the solar cell length and cut the panel accordingly. Then paint the panel, since it needs to be placed in an open area. Fix the panel to the solar cell back board using adhesive.
- Now connect the bus wire to the diode, place the positive side of the diode to negative side of bus wire. Then connect the wires to the charge controller from where the wire is connected to the battery.
- Now place the top covering to the solar cell. Take a large sized glass to cover the panel of the solar cell, place the glass with the blocking cubes and paste it using silicon sealant.
- Now mount the panel to the rooftop where we can get the sunlight most of the time in a year.