The energy source which is used as substitute to fossil fuel is known to be alternative energy. Some of the alternative sources of energy are solar power, hydroelectric power, wind power, geothermal power, etc. which will not emit high carbon dioxide in comparison with fossil fuel.
- Most of the alternative sources of energy are said to be renewable energies; hence they will not be out of availability at any period.
- The cost of energy resource will be low or nil.
- The alternative energy will be environmental friendly so that it will not cause any harm to the environment.
- With the help of alternative energy, we get a stable supply of energy for long run.
- Solar energy is one of the alternative energy where they are available all around the world.
- We get electricity from solar energy by installing solar panels in our house that will reduce the electricity bill.
- Most of the technology with alternative source of energy will not need much maintenance, once the technology is installed, it will work little maintenance.
- The alternative sources of energy can be obtained by new technologies which will be more costly for the implementation.
- Some of the alternative sources of energy may not be available in large quantity when we use it abundantly.
- If we consider biomass, the collection of animal waste and decayed plants will constitute a transportation risk.
- The construction of the power plant for alternative source of energy requires a large amount of landscape.
- If the plant needs maintenance, the cost of it will be high.
- Most of the alternative sources of energy depend on weather, the change of which will affect the resource.
- It is difficult to produce a lot of energy in short period of time with the help of alternative source of energy.