The alternative energy source is the energy source that is a substitute to the fossil fuels energy source. There are some sources that are called the exact alternative energy resources.
- Hydrogen gas
- Tidal energy
- Biomass energy
- Wind energy
- Geothermal energy
- Natural gas
- Hydroelectric energy
- Nuclear power
- Solar power
That energy obtained from fossil fuels create pollution and degrade the environment. This technology created by the humans gives more advantages. We get clean environment that is very important for a healthy living. The cost of resources will be zero. It requires only less maintenance. It does not need any of the fuels to process. We can even use this technology at a rural place also. Alternative energy can make the energy supply in a continuous manner. We can get sustainable and stable energy source as the resource will not get out of stock.
The energy production and usage will be independent as we can install a system as and when we need it. This improved technology may also have some disadvantages.
- The alternative energy is mostly obtained from renewable resources which are dependent on weather conditions. When the weather is very bad, then the production of electricity will be affected.
- The construction of renewable resource plant will cost much and hence most of the people cannot use these technologies.
- The implementation of those plants will need a vast area of space where we cannot implement at the crowded places.
- The shadows may affect the generation of electricity from solar panels; hence we cannot place the panels in an area where trees are present.
- The burning of biomass may affect the environment.
- The construction of turbine at a height and underwater is very difficult and the maintenance of those turbines will create a great challenge to the human.